Monday, June 24, 2013

Can't Believe it's been a Year Already




We arrived in Italy one year ago on January 17th.  I remember this because it was my best friend’s birthday, and when I called her to wish her a happy birthday, she said “Did you hear I had the baby?”  So her baby is now one, and we have been here a whole year.  The time has gone so fast!  We have been to Carnevale celebrations, Florence for Easter, fascinating ancient Rome, the beautiful hills and wineries of Tuscany, the seaside at Cinque Terre and Portofino, Lakes Como, Maggiore, and Lugano, Paris for my 30th birthday, unique and charming Venice, Bern- the capitol of Switzerland, and Innsbruck and Salzburg, Austria.  We have some plans for this spring, maybe Spain and/or Prague, and a visit from my brother and his girlfriend, but we will take a little break when the baby comes.  Then we have trips to the US for Tim’s brother’s wedding and for Christmas.  I have a feeling that this year will go as fast as or faster than last year.  

One of our weekly Skyping sessions.

An afternoon in Milan with Becky and Jeremy.




No comments:

Post a Comment