Thursday, April 12, 2012

McDonald's

We went to McDonald’s for lunch the other day.  It was basically the same as in the US, and it was packed!  They had the Big Mac and a few other burgers.  They had some crispy chicken sandwiches, but I did not see a grilled option, though I did not try to ask.  They had some wraps, salads, McNuggets, wings, and a barbecue something.  Happy Meals still come in the same cardboard box.  Some of the items were exactly the same, some looked similar but had different names, some were completely new to me.  The coke tasted like a standard coke, not a McDonald’s coke like in the US.  It was first fountain soda I have seen here. 

Tim had the Big Mac, and said it was the same as in the US, and I had a chicken sandwich that was similar to what you would find in the US, and it was really good (for a McDonalds).  The best part was the fries.  They had the regular ones (called potato fries, not French fries), which looked the same, but were not nearly as good, and they had Miami Fries, which were really good.  They were long thin strips, crinkle cut seasoned fries. 



They also had the McFlurry, but the flavors were different.  One was called Smarties, but I don’t know if it is what you would think or if it is something different over here.  They also had a hazelnut flavor.  That is a really common flavor for sweets  here, and it’s usually good.  Then they had the regular sundaes and cones.  Of course, they had the McCafe, so you could get coffee.  This side counter was less busy than I would have expected, since everyone always gets a “coffee” (actually a tiny espresso) after every meal.  I didn’t really look at what they had for coffee, but the pastries they had were about half and half what I would consider American and Italian ones. 

 Overall, the experience was more “American” than I thought it would be.  And, it has been so long since I have been to a McDonald’s in the US, it is possible that the US has the same new items, and I just don’t know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment