Friday, April 6, 2012

April 6, 2012

All week I have been a single parent.  This is a tough job!  Even something as simple as carrying in the groceries gets a new level of complexity trying to carry a baby at the same time.  Okay, carrying in the groceries isn’t as simple here regardless, since we live in an apartment and our car is not right outside our door, but you know what I mean.  So… even something as simple as walking out the front door in the morning is difficult, when I’m already late because I have to do everything by myself, and then carry Ben, the burp cloth, his bag, my purse, my bag, and find a free hand to pull out my key and lock the door.  Major props to anyone who has to do this all the time.

I finished Ben's letters for his room!

I went to the grocery store the other day thinking “Easter stuff for Ben.”  I came back with 10 brown eggs (they don’t come in a dozen here, and they are not white), food coloring, and vinegar.  No plastic eggs, no basket, no green plastic grass.  I did get a big chocolate egg for Ben, but unfortunately, he can't eat it ;).  We may have to wait until the next weekend to dye the eggs because we will be in Florence this weekend.  

These big chocolate eggs are all over.  Kid versions, adult ones, colors, flavors, tons of these.

At work, they gave us a cake/bread goody called a “colombe Pasquali” Easter dove.  There are quite a few of these in stores too, but not as many as those eggs.  It is a sweet bread with  candied fruit (mostly orange peel), baked in the shape of a dove.  It's pretty good, but I don't eat the pieces of orange peel.  Our work holiday is Easter Monday, not Good Friday.
 

We are going to Florence for Easter weekend for a festival and site seeing.
Buona Pasqua!

No comments:

Post a Comment