Sunday, May 13, 2012

First Mother's Day

We had a very nice Mother's Day weekend.  First, Friday night, Ben went to bed at 8pm.  He woke up briefly at 6 and 9 to eat, then slept till noon!  And went down for a nap at 1:30.  Ben and I did some shopping with a friend on Saturday afternoon, and the shopping was all for me!!  Well my friend was shopping too, but my shopping was all for me, first time in a long time!  Got a few tops, a skirt and a swimsuit.  Tried on a bunch more, but I'm still trying to figure out Italian styles and sizes.  Oh well, I had fun.  When I got home, Tim had flowers waiting for me!

Ben had another good night Saturday night and slept until 9:45 Sunday, and had two 2-hour naps!  I think he has too much fun at daycare to sleep as much as he needs, so he catches up on the weekends.  This works out great for us, so we can do the same thing.  Was feeling extra motherly Sunday morning, so I made Ben homemade oatmeal with cooked apples and cinnamon.  Had a relaxing day Sunday, pasta and Chianti for dinner, and watched a little baseball.  Ben made me this necklace, it says "Momma ti voglio bene" (I love you).  Ben (and Tim) got me these flowers and new wine glasses.  Love you guys!



We are still doing P90X.  Two weeks in.  A couple of our friends are doing it too.  We were really sore the first week, could hardly hold Ben, and definitely couldn't walk right.  But the second week was much better.  I guess it feels good to work out again, because we haven't done it at all since we've been here.  I just have to be careful with my abs.  They are pretty much the only thing not back to normal that I'm not happy with after having Ben.  I'm still working to get them back together. 

Early morning workouts, we get to see the sunrise.


My parents are coming Wednesday and staying for 2 weeks.  I can't wait to show them everything about how we live!  And we will be going to Tuscany to see the beautiful hillsides.  Then we send them to Rome, and we go back to work.  We'll all have a long weekend together again before they have to leave.  Two days after they leave, Tim's parents come!  We will go to Cinque Terre and the lakes in northern Italy and Switzerland.  Can't wait to see everybody! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey slacker, update your blog! I demand more Ben pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete